Easofen Max Strength 400mg Film-coated Tablets contain the active substance Ibuprofen. This medicine reduces pain and inflammation. Easofen Max Strength is used for the relief of:
- Muscular pain
- Dental pain
- Period pain
Adults and children aged over 12 years.
- Type of Product
Adults and adolescents (over 12 years):
- The recommended dose is 1 tablet at first and then if necessary 1 tablet every four to six hours.
- Do not exceed 3 tablets in any 24-hour period.
- If in adolescents this medicinal product is required for more than 3 days, or if symptoms worsen a doctor should be consulted.
- Ibuprofen tablets are not suitable for children under 12 years.
- The lowest effective dose should be used for the shortest duration necessary to relieve symptoms. If you have an infection, consult a doctor without delay if symptoms (such as fever and pain) persist or worsen.
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- If symptoms persist or there is no improvement in your condition contact your doctor.
Hazards and Cautions
- Do not take Easofen Max Strength 400mg film-coated tablets if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients of Easofen Max Strength 400mg film-coated tablets
- Have experienced shortness of breath, worsening of asthma, allergic rash or an itchy, runny nose or swelling of the lips, face, tongue or throat when taking ibuprofen, codeine, aspirin or other similar medicines
- Are already taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication (NSAIDs)
- Have ever had stomach bleeding or perforation after taking ibuprofen, aspirin or other similar medicines
- Have or have had a stomach or duodenal ulcer, perforation or bleeding, or other stomach or bowel problems
- Suffer from severe kidney or liver problems
- Have severe heart failure
- Are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
- Are under 12 years of age
Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, or if you have a medical condition. Some other medicines may affect or be affected by the treatment of Easofen. Easofen may not be suitable for you if you have a medical condition such as those listed in the Patient Information Leaflet. You should therefore always seek the advice of your doctor or pharmacist before you use Easofen.
The active substance is Ibuprofen, each film-coated tablet contains 400mg of Ibuprofen. The other ingredients are: Maize starch, sodium starch glycolate, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, macrogol 400 and macrogol 6000.